If your parents ever provided you with the opportunity to learn an instrument, or years later you decided you want to take up an instrument, it is by far the best thing you ever did!
Psychological studies have found that kids who took music lessons "have better cognitive skills and school grades and are more conscientious, open and ambitious". Well what do you know!
And there is more- Here is a list of effects and results of having music lessons.
1. It improved your reading and verbal skills.
2. It improved your mathematical and spatial-temporal reasoning.
3. It helped your grades.
4. It raised your IQ.
5. It helped you learn languages more quickly.
6. It made you a better listener, which will help a lot when you're older.
7. It will slow the effects of aging.
8. It strengthened your motor cortex.
9. It improved your working memory.
10. It improved your long-term memory for visual stimuli.
11. It made you better at managing anxiety.
12. It enhanced your self-confidence and self-esteem.
13. It made you more creative.
For more information about the incredible study you can visit: